Monday, January 5, 2009

Taking it Easy

As the story that is TMel unravels on a daily basis, I've noticed a reoccurring theme of racing against the clock in my life. but I think it's time to slow things down, and I realized this while i was at work today stuffing envelopes for 8 hrs.. (talk about slow)..I was listening to young Sammie here and realized that the lyrics to his song Slow are exactly what I need to be striving towards....That being said, enjoy the tune, and here's a few words of my own.

Slow - Sammie


You try to give me everything I need,
You win me even more over with every good deed,
But there comes a time when one must take heed.

Let's slow this down a little bit for a sec,
To give us some time to look back, reflect.
Take it slow, there are things we can disect,
Maybe we can make past mistakes correct.

I long for your body and I'm feeling your touch...
But mostly I want your mind and I hope that's not too much.
Just give me a glimpse of the thoughts that you may clutch,
because I'm dying to know if your feelings can provide for me a crutch.

Slow it down a little bit more,
We really don't know what's in store...
I'm scared to open and walk through a new door.
After all, if we rush through this, what has all this time spent together really been for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't stop writing about me... It's all I got now...