Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Promise to You.

T Mel is a new lady everyone, I hope you're ready for who she is to become.

I was this chic that I was more or less happy with,
Not easily tricked or emotionally tampered with,
Wouldn't stick around too long at the sign of any bull shit....
Never followed anyone but I was the one runnin shit.

I used to be the girl who couldn't hold her tongue,
said things out loud that to some people may have stung,
I'd be the best friend I could be to the people that I love,
held my hand out to those that needed some help rising above.

Now today I'm someone I don't even know,
Saying and doing things that usually result in a "no."
I'm not benefiting at all from any of my unwarranted situations
I've let my heart chastise my mind but today i'm flipping the persuasion.

Time to be the girl I used to be, I'm gonna give my heart rightfully back to me.
I could've been something greater than I even see, but that's not where it's healthy for me to be.
I've become a chic (not even a woman) that is at the will of he, and that is not the me that from which I make my plea.
I let my emotions be controlled by someone else, felt things I've never felt...
but now the levels are too good, so good there somewhere that can't be dealt, with.

So here is my promise to you.

I will be the lady i need to be, the woman I used to be, and someone new to me.
Someone who doesn't give a sh*t about the outsiders looking in,
It's my life and I'll make my very own right or wrong decisions.
I will not be manipulated, friendships will never be stipulated,
I will control me and hope that someday you all will see. That this is the best I can be.

I am a woman of my word, and write now my pen is slicing like a sword,
Through the tears of anger that I've fought but my eyes have long sought
to run dry til I have to ask myself why?
Why were my eyes so wet when without he it'll be easy to forget, not regret.

I am the best thing I could ever be, but unfortunately, you may never get to see.

Because while patience is something I need to learn, sometimes its something that people need to earn.

My promise is simple: I promise not to get in the way, I promise not to let another day...
go by without explaining myself or my actions as i let it all go in itty bitty fractions.
And if in the end i find my way back to this current me, than that is the me that I am meant to be.

With, or without the likes of you.

Good luck in all you do, I really wish happiness on you. That, my friend, is true.

No comments: