Sunday, June 15, 2008

If I Have My Way

If I Have My Way - Chrisette Michele

So I went searching for a song my friend* praised in her aim status and couldn't find it.. but I found this beautiful song that I sadly forgot about in my bitter state... but this is how I feel.... Underneath it all...

If I had my way...
I would've lied that day.
You know, the day I told you to stay?
"Stay with me baby I need you today."
Do you remember?

Probably not...
At this point in time I wasn't aware I got "got."
That was pretty good mr. big shot,
But guess what? I'm still hott.

Hotta than you will ever again know,
I'm rising to the top, and I'm poetry's greatest show.
You had to go, I know...
Life isn't fair, it's meant to blow.

But at the end of the day I'm still meant to love,
and no one's gonna stop me from stayin above.
I'm above you and all you're made of,
So far above I'm soarin next to a beautiful white dove.

Sadness burdens me but love is still within me...
And if I have my way, in love is what I'll soon be.