Sunday, June 8, 2008

DC Blaze

I've finally made it to DC, but it seems all the people I was expecting to see are either not in DC, or too far for my touristy self to wander off and find them... Smh.. Here is a list of what to expect if ever for any reason you'll be spending summertime in DC
: extreme heat and humidity starting from 9am and lasting until 4am (just round up and say 24 hours)
:random heat lightning storms and torrential down pours in one neighborhood but not the next
:AlphabetCity??? (Georgetown and downtown DC streets are letters, ie M,N,O,P...)
:(Georgetown specified), Steep Hills that would be great for skiing were there snow and maybe no ongoing traffic at the bottom of those hills on Wisconsin....
:Good eats, from American to Pizzeria's, and great shopping, (I walked by the Rugby store today)
:History and Monuments, beautiful estates and pretty old buildings.
:Mule-drawn boat rides?? Yes, I saw this today, no lie...
:And finally,.... I see ants everywhere!! NYC doesn't really see ants anymore, they've been replaced by other unfriendly's.
It's only day 2 so there is more to come, but I will leave you with this; I miss my City!!

No comments: