Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back to Poetry

It's been a while since I blessed this page with some poetry, sorry my gracious people. But I'm back, no matter how busy things may be, I am back. (I hope I still got it!)

You spoke to me one day and you touched my soul.
It was something I never felt, like the filling of a hole.
You warmed me up after I'd forever been cold..
And my heart you managed to be granted permission to hold.

But now where are you?
Is there something I was supposed to do?
What's changed your presence, or should I ask who?
If I'd been holding my breath, I'd be way past blue.

Don't apologize, don't say anything at all.
It was my mistake to even begin to fall.
You vanished from my life, without even a call.
You must have had a blast, Tell me was it a ball?

Don't apologize, don't answer my questions.
I just have a couple of quick suggestions.
You know for your future plans of lethal injections.
Injections that in my experience have caused many infections.

Infections that spread throughout my blood and poisoned my heart,
Closed my mind to any type of stable start.
Your treachery is a great work of art.
I hope you cherish your achievement of tearing me apart.

But wait... I'm the poet...
Cliche it may be but maybe you just don't know it.
You've made me an artist and now I get to show it.
It being the greatness that came when you managed to blow it.

Stay absent, stay silent, stay a mystery.
Your not being here is adding to my perfect misery.
I missed the pen but I'm back making history.
As the woman who came out defeated, and claimed that was her greatest victory.

No comments: