Monday, September 12, 2011

#6 'The Letters I've Never Sent.'

Dear friends,

You are the 'me' I sometimes wish I could be. Your strength inspires me, and your success is well deserved.

Our failures are humbling and my flaws are my humility. But your sensitivity to my inequity is much appreciated. I try not to consider a life without your presence--without your wisdom and your criticism, without your realness.

I need you. And yes, I take advantage of you. But we all do--it's a natural occurrence in any lasting relationship. But it's a matter of how long it takes before you realize and rectify your own abuse. I check myself often, do you?

I love you, and I'm capable of loving at all because of you. While this is true I am not afraid to tell you what I think, yet I'm still sensitive to your needs and your ability to handle me.

I may be a bit much, I've been told I pry, I pressure, and maybe I put my two cents in when no one's asking. My bad. Hazard of the job--the job of seeing you reach your full potential. You didn't hire me, but I hired myself, because I know what we're all capable of. I just refuse to let us mess it all up for ourselves. Forgive me for wishing the best of you. I really do apologize.

I wish we could fast forward to the day we're all where we want to be. So we can all lounge around, on a beach or on a mountain, and basque in our success, and our content with our lives, and satisfaction with the roads traveled, and those not.

Since we can't I will simply wait. It's coming. And we're all headed there. Just wait and see. We will all find our own sense of 'happy.'

Always,
T.  




No comments: