Thursday, September 8, 2011

#4: 'The Letters I've Never Sent.'

To the one who has it all,

You're such a funny character. Truly. I literally laugh in the quiet of my bed, reminiscing about the absurdities I've witnessed that define you. It's a great act--and one hard to follow.

What do you do though, when you've fulfilled all your wants? Do you think about your needs, or do you want so much that you don't need anything? You already have it all, but I get the impression you're not completely satisfied.

And when do you stop and think, how much greed can I possess? Is it really worth all of these things that are worthless? The valuable eventually become worth less, because sooner or later there's a new shiny toy that you must have.

A car or a person? Maybe a vacation, or some electronic device. Or a new challenge in life, those are priceless.

What do you do when you have it all? Do you stop in your tracks, take a breather, and start up again--or do you pop the e-brake, pull over and let someone else drive for a while? What do you do?

I'd be stuck in neutral, waiting for your opinion. I never was good at making my own decisions. I mean I make them, but I'd rather not. It's just easier that way, with someone else's influence and his physical being to blame for your screw ups. Not that I screw up a lot, but perhaps you do? You understand right? No? Maybe it's just me.

I wouldn't want to have it all--I enjoy the thrill of chasing it all. But it's nice to see what it looks like, and for the most part, you seem to do it right.

Care to share your secret?
I'm curious to know.

No comments: