Saturday, April 26, 2008

This is How it All Starts



It started with an acquittal...

It hurts me that justice is almost never served in the trial of a black man, no matter what Era of time we're living in. Politics have always been a reflection of the people in a society, and New York politics, including its judicial branch are ALL out of touch. Let me rephrase that, they're all Untouchable. What just man can acquit three murderers (regardless of the circumstance) without feelin some sort of guilt at night, it's all politics... Make the cops (your city men) look good and the dead (Sean Bell) look like a criminal... Same sh*t different day. How sad we can't get over this. I'm praying for Sean Bell's family, and hoping that my hometown, Good Ol Queens, never does me this dirty, no matter how I go.



And then Night took over day.

1 comment:

Simplicity said...

I'm inspired by the protests, however I agree, no matter how many times black people unite for a certain cause, it takes bus boycotts and centuries before justice is served. Civil Rights Movement we may think is a thing of the past, but come on people, 1960s, was a little over 40 years ago... this country has been in existence for far longer than that... stop, think about it.