Monday, April 14, 2008

*Focus

John Legend Spoke at The Legendary Blue Horizon yesterday,



Celebrities talkin politics now, but are we listening to their talk? Or are we too involved with the invisible shine around their face, the imaginary emblem of what they represent? I respect John Legend at the Blue Horizon, and I respect those that kept their focus. He was not here to promote himself, and those in attendance were not there to get an autograph, but moreso to hear the words of a known performer whose musical talent depicts his understanding of how the world (at least in America) works. He confessed to having written a song about a world that he believed existed here, but with this year he has reversed that view, and he performed a capella the song he recorded for his album instead of his original feelings. Unfortunately, I can't give u a sample of that track lol. But just think on this: can musical influence, such as the sounds of John Legend and Will.I.Am to name a few, affect the way we vote in November?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.