Monday, April 20, 2009

Something Special

I was listening to Usher's Here I Stand.... and I got all emotional listening to couple of tracks, which turned into almost all of the songs on the album!! But what hit me the hardest, was "Something Special."

I used to think we had something special,
Because we had something never seen as superficial.
You were real with me, you were someone I thought you were destined to be.
But now you've changed so much now that you, I no longer see..

My lovely put it best, our friendship is one non existant, because
you're neglect and ignorance led to this unfortunate cause,
Where you and me, simply ceases to exist.
Months have passed since we promised to cease and desist,
And somehow we managed to find our way back to what it was that we missed.
But now it's almost like you don't care,
Like the you that was concerned is not really there..
I can't find you,
I can't even really talk to you...
Because You, don't even know Me. anymore.
Maybe I changed, but I'm pretty sure it was you my friend...
And down the road you decided our journey was at its end,
without really including me in the fact that you were concluding we.

Shit, I'm a little hurt that you're not here for me.
Not that I want you to love me and be with me but at least be there for me.
After all that you kinda put me through, it's honestly the least you could do.

I thought you were something so special you know,
a friendship built up by the constant wreckoning of letting go...
But it seems you let yourself fall weak to the conflict,
and now our friendship doesnt exist at least not with any real interest.
I'm sorry that it's come to this, that you've lost your sight of what this really was, and now I'm a little bit stuck comin down from this hopeless battle without a cause.

Because you gave up, and I'm torn up. So I'm fed up being the grown up, and I've decided to tip over our half empty cup.

Completely drained, our cup runeth empty, and if you wake up tomorrow feeling empty, realize its your lack of concern for your messed up exempt; me.

No comments: