Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Random Good Days

I always felt like I wasn't capable expressing myself creatively when I'm in a good mood, but tonight I wanna challenge myself. Honestly, I've said it out loud before and realized how ridiculous it sounds, a poet limiting her ability based on a mood? That's not really a good poet. So lemme give this a shot and regain my own confidence.


Baby Girl - Jay-R feat. Munchie

I don't know what I do to me,
because I never really thought about me..
But today I decided to take a different approach and appreciate myself but still managed not to boast.
It's a beautiful thing to open your eyes with a smile,
Something you thought would be gone for a while....
But I can't complain.. I'm content, or a decent level of the next best thing,
I'm not even sure what it means to be here in this current position...
I used to feel good things but anticipate the worst things,
because good moments lasting too long, usually meant that the best things would soon go completely wrong..
But I'm over that anticipation, because it's not about the soon but the now...
it's not about the when, but it's about the how.
How you handle the things in life thrown at you, and try with what you have to make do..
Mood rings turning blue,
not that, "I'm sad and melancholy" blue,
But that, "I'm lovable and stress-free" blue. (the card describes this, no lie.)
And you accept what you have because there's no point not to.
You let go of selfish tendencies to become a self-less entity,
You embody something beautiful because you yourself think you are beautiful.

You, is I, and I... love my Eyes*
They see through anything, but know when not to look too deep in...
My eyes* make me me, the outer workings of what I am to be..

Just wake up every morning, and give yourself a smile...
And when you leave your house, soak in the air a little while.

There is always an interesting story to you yourself or the person noticing you...
Because even when you think no one's there, someone's looking out for you...
Someone actually appreciates you, and once You notice this is true,
You will feel comfortable appreciating your eyes*,
And not feel selfish about loosening your ties..
You will be at liberty with yourself and your own worst enemy,
And your own worst enemy, is simply, your most intense insecurity.

So shake that off, take your mask off, let your hair down, and wear your own version of a crown.

No comments: