Monday, July 14, 2008

Disappointment from my dream Magazine.

The New Yorker magazine has for a while now been the magazine in my head where I would hold my own featured political column. Today, I did the usual...opened up CNN.com, went to the politics section, and there it was, a headline I never imagined...


(click here for video commentary)
Here's a few words New Yorker:

Excuse me, New Yorker, forgive my blunt blow,
But have you lost your mind? You've gone overboard this time.

The Obama's on your cover give me an empty chill,
as your lack of cover lines and a description fail to fill.

Actions always have unintended consequences and repercussions,
All this cover does is warrant defensive and extensive future discussions.

Of a country stuck in the past, thinking they're promoting forward movement.
But to many Americans you will learn this cover is mere amusement.

Rumors have in the past stirred about Senator Obama and his wife,
Now your cover may make them real for those unfamiliar with his life.

Polls show voters believe Obama was sworn in on the Quran,
Something already proven false, the day he raised his right hand.

Others believe he really is a Muslim, another false accusation,
Like father not like son, Obama's got his own religious affiliation.

Your cover may be satirical, but now it's embedded in the minds of the hierarchal.

It's one thing to discuss stereotypes, labels, and rumors, but this cover just paints a picture.. a pretty ugly picture at that.

2 comments:

Alex Byer said...

You make me wish I could rhyme. Darn you. That cover is wiggidy whack; not even just the regular kind.

$upreme Bean$ said...

very upset over this one.