Monday, October 22, 2007

Crying Eyes

So I was working on this poem a while back, and it was finished, but I wasnt feelin it.. So I decided I'm tweaking it, completely tweakin. *Dom, hope this is something real, now that the eyes are real.

There's something unique about the human eye.
It's reaction to many things r visible to the world,
Irritated or Dry, Itchy, whatever the case may be,
Eyes are more than just a tool to see.
Emotions a completely different category on their own,
Eyes can react depending on your current tone.
They widen when you're surprised,
They close when you're finding your mind,
But most intriguing would be, they cry when happiness is an emotion you cant find.

Yeah some people cry when they're happy, but those tears dont hurt,
They barely fall far enough to reach the sleeve of your shirt.
But Sad tears never stop flowing, even when the owner's cheeks are dry.
And that person starts to think, why cant I just stop this drawn out cry?
So we fight back our tears, but days later, or sometimes years,
We give in and expose all of our real crying fears.
Crying Eyes never lie, they tell the true emotion of someone,
And Crying Eyes are always crying, to stop them nothing can be done.

When it's feeling hard to breathe, and words dont form easily,
Crying Eyes may be telling u, "Stop trying to hide me!"
But you continue to ignore Mr./Mrs. Eyes,
And sooner or later you, dont even hear your own cries.
Keep crying, is all I can tell you,
Because the more you hold it in,
The longer it takes for you to win.

1 comment:

Kevin the Explorer said...

What about people like me? Stubburn people who may need to cry but can't and won't....its been a lot of pain lately, don't get me wrong there has been happiness also, but somethings I just can't let go. But I feel my eyes are dried out completely. Where should I go? What should I do? My eyes are calling for it