Friday, January 21, 2011

You thought wrong.

Did you really think that I would go that easily?
That quietly or that feebly?
Did you really think you'd gotten rid of me?
Relieved me from respective duty?

Did you really think?

Did you really think the things you thought,
that led to the discussion/the reasons that we fought?
That a bottom line fracture was the only item to be bought?

Did you?

Did you really let me leave and question everything about me?
Everything I thought I knew and everything I see,
the reasons that we shouldn't fight, reasons that shouldn't be?
Did you really think that I would just let you be?

Did you really brush me off and shrug your shoulders, unconcerned?
Make a decision that affects me without my having discerned?
Did you really think that "abrasive" was the tactic I deserved?
Or was it simply your defense mechanisms dishing out what I have earned?

Did you really think that you would get rid of me that easily?
That I'd go quietly or feebly?
Do you really think you didn't hurt me?
Or do you think it was your intention to berate me?

You thought wrong.

No comments: