Wednesday, October 7, 2009

21 and No One.

Happy Birthday to me... Monday I turned 21, and I woke up in an awkward emotional state. (I spent half the day having random outbursts of tears, some warranted bust most not and for that I apologize). I realized, when I woke up, that I'm 21 years old... and I, am no one.

My family doesn't see me,
My dog, she just ignores me.
My friends they never get me.
My men, they never keep me.
I, am no one.

My list of accomplishment's pretty short,
My public service announcement? a bland report.
My heart's run empty, since I hit abort.
My soul is dark without support
Because I, am no one.

I close my eyes, and count to three.
And when they open, I should be free.
But I am not, cause I can't see.
The girl I was, or woman to be.
I, am no one.

I am young,
I am naive.
I'm not a genius, I just perceive.
I am clever,
I am strong,
At my weakest, I right my wrong.

*I am no one, for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather amusing opinion